Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students The First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
The First Tee of Tulsa is proud to welcome Oaks Mission School in Oaks. Oklahoma and Horace Mann Elementary in Hominy, Oklahoma to our National School Program. Their addition will bring the grand total to 12 NSP Schools sponsored by The First Tee of Tulsa supporters and corporate sponsors. Also, there are 10 schools in the Tulsa area that are enrolled in the National Schools Program with The Fist Tee of Tulsa: Sequoyah Elementary, McAuliff Elementary, Lanier Elementary, Robertson Elementary, Park Elementary, Jackson Elementary, Walt Whitman Elementary, Academy Central Elementary, Emerson Elementary, Carver Middle School, Marshall Elementary, and Jenks East Elementary.
If any school in Northeastern Oklahoma would like to apply for the National School Program please contact Janice Gibson at email@example.com or call 918-591-4168.
The First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
Winter Program 2017
In the winter months of 2017 (January and February), The First Tee of Tulsa traveled to 21 schools around the Tulsa and Northeastern Oklahoma areas, and positively impacted the lives of 3,665 students by bringing our character-development program into their schools.
Winter program 2016
In the winter of 2016, The First Tee of Tulsa positively impacted the lives of 2,612 students by bringing golf and life skills to 18 local and surrounding area schools.